My favorite quotes!

"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me." - C.S. Lewis

Monday, January 2, 2012

2012 Book Blogger Recommendation Challenge

2012 Book Blogger Recommendation Challenge



I love reading other bloggers and their reviews. It is where I get 50% of the books that I have added to my to be read pile. The others come from goodreads, librarything, Barnes and Noble, and anywhere or anyone else that will speak books to me. I haven't participated in any reading challenges except the one on goodreads. Soooo....I am going to attempt a few and this is one of them. I am working towards
LEVEL V.

The Levels:

Level I - Read 5 books from the 2011 Book Blogger Recommendation List
Level II - Read 10 books
Level III - Read 15 books
Level IV - Read 20 books
Level V - Read 20+ books

The Rules:
  • Challenge will run January 1, 2012 to December 31, 2012. Participants can join anytime throughout the challenge.
  • Create an intro post, linking back to this post.
  • Sign up with the MckLinky below. Please link to your challenge intro post, not your blog home page.
  • Chose your own books from the list. You can decide to read books only on the Top 25 list or from the entire recommendation list. You do not have to make a list of books before the challenge begins.
  • All forms of books acceptable (audiobooks, eBooks, etc.)
  • Rereads do not count towards the completion of the challenge. The challenge is about discovering books that are new to you.
  • You don't need a blog to participate.
  • Reviews, while always appreciated, are not mandatory.
The full list is HERE for the 2011 Book Blogger Recommendations.

My list for the challenge:

  1. Starcrossed by Josephine Angelini
  2. The Name of the Rose by Umberto Eco
  3. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
  4. Enclave by Ann Aguirre
  5. The Scorpio Races by Maggie Steifvater
  6. Every Last One by Anna Quindlen
  7. Tiger's Curse by Colleen Houck
  8. The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
  9. Paranormalcy by Kiersten White
  10. Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor
  11. Legend by Marie Lu
  12. Tempest Rising by Tracy Deebs
  13. Blood Red Road by Moira Young
  14. Fateful by Claudia Gray
  15. Looking for Alaska by John Green
  16. Rot and Ruin by Jonathan Maberry
  17. The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness
  18. You Against Me by Jenny Downham
  19. Forgive My Fins by Tera Lynn Childs
  20. Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi
  21. The Name fo the Star by Maureen Johnson
  22. The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkins
  23. Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake
  24. Fire by Kristin Cashore
  25. Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins
  26. The Warrior Heir by Cinda Williams Chima
  27. Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
  28. Witchfire by Lauren Maddison
  29. Wolfsbane by Andrea Cremer
  30. XVI by Julia Karr
  31. Tyger, Tyger by Kersten Hamilton
  32. The Future of Us by Jay Asher and Carolyn Mackler
  33. Trickster's Choice by Tamora Pierce
There are sooo many on the list (over 200) that maybe I can add more later!

 I have other challenges that I am also going to try to participate in and they can be found here at the 2012 Challenge Page.

No comments: