My favorite quotes!

"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me." - C.S. Lewis

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Passing my love of reading down to my daughter

Reading, reading, reading.  I love to read.  If there is anything that I can give my daughter I am hoping that it will be my love for reading.  Kathryn is 11 years old going on 25 and I have had a moderate amount of success in my pursuit of my goal.  I have also been trying to broaden her interests in the books that she likes to read.  We have gone from Judy Moody to magazines on teen heartthrobs to the Dork Diaries.  AND...technology has been a roadblock accomplishing my goal.  The computer, PS3, and cellphone are enemies I have been fighting.  I will win.  I will pass on this love that I have for traveling to unknown lands, going on adventures with new friends that I have met, and losing myself for hours into the night or anytime I can find a spare moment.

No comments: