My favorite quotes!

"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me." - C.S. Lewis

Thursday, May 19, 2011

For Me

My life isn't exciting, my writing isn't great, and my words will never invoke hope or laughter, tears or feelings of awe.  I just want to express my feelings for the books that I read and my thoughts on them.  I want to remember them as I would an old friend that I haven't seen in a long time.  Ever since I was little I wanted to be a veterinarian, an archaeologist, or a small bookstore owner.  Well...it's seems that none of these things will happen.  Veterinarian is out of the question because I can't stand to see injured animals or the sight of blood.  Archaeologist is out of the question because I have a family to care for and will never be able to travel and put my job first like would be required.  And last but not least...book store owner...well with the advancement of technology it seems that the need for book stores in fading.  Even the larger corporate bookstores are having a hard time battling the monster we call technology.  Don't get me wrong....I LOVE my nook.  It is the one of the best presents that I have ever gotten.  The capability of being able to finish one book and move right on to the next adventure without leaving the house is great.  If I finish one book in a series in the wee hours of the night, I don't have to wait to get the next book...just buy and download right away (which I have done).
So if you are reading this...it's not meant to make waves, gather a following, or anything of the sorts.  I don't mind if you read as long as you don't judge.  This is my first time.  I am a blogging newbie and just want to have fun!

1 comment:

K. M. Springsteen said...

Amanda-you won a copy of Elusive Echoes from Liz Velez's blog when I visited, but I can't find your email address. Write me at wordsprite at gmail dot com. :-)